In contrast to many of its competitors, this Investment Bank is one of a few large global institutions that is benefiting from substantial growth across Europe at the moment, making it a very exciting and interesting time to join.
Headcount has increased significantly over the last 5 years as they continue to take market-share and expand operations into new areas. However, they have taken care to ensure their excellent culture has not been affected; staff satisfaction is something at the top of this Investment Bank's agenda, offering an excellent work life balance, down-to-earth culture and a friendly working environment.
This is a broad 2nd line of defence Operational Risk testing & reviews focused job assessing the effectiveness of Operational Risk controls across EMEA. The role would be ideal for someone in an Operational Risk Audit role looking to move to the 2nd line of defence. Responsibilities may include:
- Engage with key stakeholders across Risk, Compliance, Audit, and Operational Risk to effectively plan monitoring activity
- Assess the effectiveness and design of Operational Risk controls
- Keep stakeholders updated of Operational Risk reviews through formal and face to face updates
- Consult with wider senior management and regional stakeholders to drive a culture of Risk management
- Provide advice, guidance and support on matters relating to Operational Risk
- Conduct quality assurance on Operational Risk reviews conducted by other members of team
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Previous experience within Operational Risk monitoring, assurance, audit or controls testing at a global financial institution is essential
- General understanding of regulatory rules and best practice is desirable
- Experience within Capital Markets or Asset Management is preferred
- A BS/BA degree in accounting, finance or business administration is beneficial
- Relevant professional certifications including CIA, ACA, ACCA is an advantage
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.