Twenty Financial Services are currently looking for an Operational Risk Senior Manager / Director for a leading Investment Management company based in London.
The role will focus on Operational Risk for the firm's specialist business for Pensions. You would also work closely with the firm's Group Risk Management and other Oversight functions, Policy and business areas.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a newly configured team that is expanding and you will report directly into the Head of UK Risk.
- Be an effective risk partner to the designated business and coordinate all risk activities, including prudential risk. Provide risk insight and help the business to fully understand their risk profile
- Drive the business to develop and maintain a proactive and open risk culture
- Proactively challenge existing practices and recommend risk solutions in consideration of good customer journeys and outcomes
- Identify, assess, manage and report emerging risks. Lead risk assessment and scenario planning exercises and ensure that these are carried out on a regular basis, are insightful, forward-looking and actionable
- Embed Group-wide risk management frameworks and systems within the business. Drive continuous improvement and excellence
- Provide leadership when major incident and events occur and ensure that appropriate escalation takes place and mitigation activities are actioned
- Provide risk management training and education to increase risk awareness in the business
- Carry out risk-based reviews and provide assurance to the business that current processes are operating as intended and in line with risk appetite. Where control weaknesses or adverse customer journeys are identified recommend mitigation actions
- Continuously improve risk monitoring and reporting to key stakeholders and committees
- Support the business in prioritisation decisions
- For Prudential Risk, coordinate ORSA risk inputs, produce ORSA documentation and oversee computation of capital. Consider use of capital outputs and embed within management structures and business activities.
- Responsible for managing a small team
- SME experience around Pensions
- Strong Operational Risk / Audit / Governance knowledge from an Investment Management background.
- Proven management experience within a relevant area but with a hands on mentality