Twenty Energy; on behalf of a leading commodities trading house, require a Operational Risk Manager to join and lead a team within a growing risk function.
The Operational Risk Manager will be actively contributing to the delivery of a leading edge Operational Risk function where behavioural, process and organisational risks are clearly understood. The candidate will be responsible for the identification and investigation of process failures for the purpose of the understanding of root cause and assigning, and following up action plans to mitigate a potential repeat of the failure. As well as represent the Second Line of Defence in the businesses general efforts to increasing of operational efficiency and accuracy effectiveness of the organisation.
As the function grows, the understanding, and articulation and pragmatic management of operational risk will become ever more crucial.
- Lead and co-ordinate the investigations of process events and the preparation of reports. This will also include identification of systematic root causes and themes for escalation to management as part of scheduled and ad hoc reporting cycles.
- Provide challenge and gain clear understanding of the businesses trading activities to identify areas of operational risk weakness, understand the driving forces behind these risks and how these can be managed.
- Lead on the preparation and continuous enhancement of Operational Risk reporting including weekly, monthly, quarterly, key risk measures, control effectiveness and dashboards.
- Liaise with senior management to capture management tolerance, reporting requirements, and communicate issues of operational risk concern.
- Champion an operational risk mind-set across the business, including proactive use of the EM&T Control Framework, Business Management System and Risk Policies.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an energy trading environment coupled with a strong working knowledge of the trade life-cycle.
- Qualified / part qualified accountant or risk manager
- Driven, ambitious, self-starter who can grasp a concept quickly and deliver.
- Well organised person, with a strong attention to detail and demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects with varying, time pressured deliverables with a proven ability to develop and maintain ongoing relationships with people at different levels.
- Significant IT literacy in data management, manipulation and reporting (Access, Excel, SharePoint, PowerBI) and formal writing (Word and PowerPoint)