THE ASSET MANAGER:
Our Client, a Global Asset Manager based in Surrey, has a strong reputation and enviable presence in its respected markets. The firm has maintained an excellent culture within Risk due to the level of experience and expertise across the senior management team. The role is broad and dynamic in scope, offering you excellent exposure across one of the market's leading investment teams.
This role is part of the UK Risk Team and will provide second line oversight and challenge working closely with the business. Responsibilities may include:
- Review risk based activities and provide operational risk insight as well as challenging existing practices and recommending risk solutions
- Help drive the business to develop and maintain a proactive risk culture
- Coordinate major risk incidents and events to ensure that appropriate escalation takes place and risks are mitigated
- Conduct thematic deep dives and risk-based reviews to provide assurance to the business
- Provide risk guidance to help business areas to understand their risk profile
The ideal candidate should have a background in operational risk management as well as:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrable Operational Risk oversight experience from a UK regulated firm is essential
- Previous Asset Management, Funds or Investment Banking experience is preferred
- Operational Risk experience including Risk Assessments, Event Management, Key Risk Indicators, Scenario Analysis is essential
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity, please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.