In contrast to many of its competitors, this Investment Bank is one of a few large global institutions that is benefitting from substantial growth across Europe at the moment, making it a very exciting and interesting time to join.
Headcount has increased significantly over the last 5 years as they continue to take market-share and expand operations into new areas. However, they have taken care to ensure their excellent culture has not been affected; staff satisfaction is something at the top of this Investment Bank's agenda, offering an excellent work life balance, down-to-earth culture and a friendly working environment.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with Operational Risk reviews and monitoring activity across EMEA
- Engage with key stakeholders across Risk, Compliance, Audit, and Operational Risk to effectively plan monitoring activity
- Perform Operational Risk reviews across different lines of business and assess the effectiveness and design of Risk controls
- Keep stakeholders updated of Operational Risk reviews through formal and face to face updates
- Write reports and presentations that clearly demonstrate results and conclusions from monitoring activities
- Assist with the creation of Management Information for senior management
- Assist in building business wide understanding of Operational Risk frameworks
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Previous experience within Operational Risk monitoring, assurance, audit or controls testing at a global financial institution is essential
- General understanding of regulatory rules and best practice is desirable
- Business awareness - understanding of wholesale banking activities and requirements is key
- Ability & willingness to travel circa 10% of the time across Europe
- A BS/BA degree in accounting, finance or business administration is beneficial
- Relevant professional certifications including CIA, ACA, ACCA is an advantage
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.