THE ASSET MANAGER
Our Client, a Global Investment Manager based in Surrey, has a strong reputation and enviable presence in its respected markets. The firm has maintained an excellent culture within Risk due to the level of experience and expertise across the senior management team. The role is broad and dynamic in scope, offering you excellent exposure across one of the market's leading investment teams.
This is a first line risk position responsible for providing Operational Risk coverage to the Operations business, acting as a risk partner and contributing specialist Operational Risk and Controls knowledge to the business.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide support to the designated business and coordinate all first line risk activities
- Review risk management activities and provide operational risk insight as well as challenging existing practices and recommend risk solutions
- Help drive the business to develop and maintain a proactive and open risk culture
- Identify, assess, manage and report emerging risks and embed group-wide risk management frameworks
- Provide leadership when major risk incidents and events occur
- Provide risk management training and education to help maintain a strong risk culture
- Carry out risk-based reviews and ensure current processes are effective and in line with risk appetite
- Demonstrable Operational Risk & Controls experience from a UK regulated firm is essential
- Previous experience within Operations or a Middle Office background is preferred
- Previous Asset Management, Funds or Investment Banking experience is preferred
- Operational Risk experience including Risk Assessments, Event Management, Key Risk Indicators, Scenario Analysis is key
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.