THE ASSET MANAGER
Our Client, a Global Asset Manager based in Surrey, has a strong reputation and enviable presence in its respected markets. The firm has maintained an excellent culture due to the level of experience and expertise across the senior management team. The role is broad and dynamic in scope, offering you excellent exposure across one of the market's leading investment teams.
You will be part of the first line of defence risk team and provide support to the operations business to ensure that risks are effectively identified and managed in line with the risk management framework. You will work with a small team where you will have a lot of autonomy and ability to develop. Responsibilities may include:
- Carry out risk-based reviews and ensure current processes are effective and in line with risk appetite
- Ensure a robust control environment and attend Risk & Control forums
- Identify potential issues arising from deep dive reviews and scenario analysis
- Ensure that key Operational Risk Controls are measured and tested
- Create Operational Risk Reporting to keep senior management up to date
- Support risk management training and education across the business
- Work closely with the second and third line of defence functions such as group risk, group compliance and audit
- Previous experience within a First Line Operational Risk & Controls function is essential
- Previous experience within Operations or a Middle Office background is preferred
- Operational Risk experience including Risk Assessments, Event Management, Key Risk Indicators, Scenario Analysis is key
- Previous Asset Management, Funds or Investment Banking experience is preferred and understanding of buy side products is highly advantageous
- Good communication skills
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.