An exciting, fast paced and exponentially growing Fintech start up are looking for a qualified accountant to join their team as the 2nd person in finance.
The role will report directly into the CFO, giving you a chance to work closely with him in the development of the finance function. You will cover the breadth of finance in a hands on accounting role with increasing responsibility.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of the management accounts.
- Monthly financial reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Working with senior management during the audit process, mitigating inefficiencies, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Assisting with the implementation of new accounting systems and standards.
- Be the SME for policy standards and controls
- Responsible for the management and development of one team member
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA ACCA CIMA)
- Strong technical expertise in financial and/or management accounting
- Excellent IT skills particularly MS Excel, Word and experience in the use of a modern accounting systems
- Attention to detail
- Evidence of creating process efficiency
- Legal entity control work (not essential but preferred)
- A university graduate that has qualified in industry or someone seeking their first industry role from practice.
- Ambitious to mirror that of the business, with the ultimate goal of growing out a team underneath you