A leading global Asset Manager based on the outskirts of London are hiring a Network Architect to join them on a permanent basis.
This Network Architect and Strategist position is responsible for providing Infrastructure Strategy and Architecture Services to the Global Technology department. You will be responsible for understanding all business and technology drivers in the network space and then work to build strategies and architectures that will help with the delivery of technology and business aligned requirements. Working closely with the network platform engineering and support functions you will be a proactive member in driving key decisions within the network strategy space.
- Work with enterprise architecture to understand key drivers in the network space
- Understand business functions and technology requirements from a network and connectivity viewpoint
- Liaise with Network Engineering and Product Support teams on the delivery of technology services and solutions
- Be responsible for building strategy and providing architecture consultancy in the network space
- Understand business challenges and put in place governance strategies for the network technology department
- Maintenance of vendor roadmaps and vendor management
- Responsible for offering consultancy services when needed
- Maintain a view of the project portfolio alongside product owners to aid and influence the planning functions within Infrastructure Services to identify strategic initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of all Network technologies - WAN, LAN, firewalls, load balancers
- Experience with connectivity technologies (mobile. 4G,5G)
- Experience in Cloud Networking
- Background with Automation and Orchestration
- Understanding and application of technologies such as SD-WAN, vCPE, NFV, SDN, MPLS, Spine/Leaf network architectures, ACI, NSX, Container Networking, Storage connectivity, Branch network connectivity
- Experience in building strategies and roadmaps - focusing on networking
- Experience within a Global and Financial Organisation
- Good working knowledge of voice and video technologies
- Exposure to ISO27001 industry standards