Twenty Financial Services are currently recruiting for a Model Governance and Controls VP on behalf of a Tier 1 Bank in London.
Sitting within the Model Risk function, the person hired will identify, monitor and manage model risk, focusing on workflow and reporting.
- Enhancing the work flow and inventory tools; primarily driving automation and UAT
- Challenging development solutions
- Acting as the Model risk Lead for BCBS239 full compliance and the appropriate BICEP initiatives
- Representing the team on the data and control governance committee
- Creating relevant business requirements documents for system implementation of each control
- Managing UAT processes of the implementation of controls
- Risk Control Self-Assessment and testing of each control
- Owning Collibra; maintenance of critical data elements
- Responsibility for ensuring that all processes described in the model risk function are reflected in the workflow tool and that this tool works as expected
- Training and managing the team: aligning responsibilities defined in the policy accordingly and carefully as well as providing training to all users of the workflow tool (including Senior Management)
- Updating the workflow tool according to regulatory requirements.
- Experience in technical or reporting roles from an investment banking background
- Advanced VBA skills: also SQL, Excel macro's, Nintex
- Experience in design of workflow tools or processes including knowledge of end to end system development life - cycle
- Extensive knowledge of model risk and relevant regulatory requirements
- Communication and experience working with both technical and non - technical members of the business
- Excellent organisation skills in order to prioritise and deliver under pressure