A leading global Asset Management Organisation based on the outskirts of London are hiring a Middleware Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
This Middleware Engineer sits within the Infrastructure Services department where you will be responsible for helping engineer infrastructure strategy and solutions within the Middleware JEE domain. You will be responsible for providing 3rd level support to both Project and BAU teams whilst also helping with strategic road mapping.
- 3rd Level support for Middleware Services
- Support application migration for WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss and Tomcat
- Understand and maintain micro-containers technologies (Docker)
- Liaise with wider Infrastructure teams to create the Middleware roadmap
- Work with BAU and Project teams
- Help develop tools to improve monitoring and reporting
- Strong experience in supporting Application Servers and Web Servers
- String knowledge in major JEE application servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss)
- Release automation experience (Jenkins//Bamboo, Ansible, IBM Urban Deploy)
- Solid experience in at least one major JEE monitoring product (AppDynamics, New Relic)
- Strong UNIX knowledge and scripting
- Proficient understanding of DevOps and Agile working methodologies
- Prior experience in large financial organisations
If this position could be of interest please do apply below or speak to Leanne Calveley on 0203 189 4331