Middle Office Java Developer - Financial Services - London - £75,000
A Tier 1 Investment Bank is looking for a Java Developer to join their Finance Technology team. This team is responsible for developing applications and providing IT support to the bank's Product Control and Financial Control functions. This role will give you great exposure to Agile methodologies and Tools, DevOps tooling, Web based development, Dash-boarding and Micro services and cloud. You will be working in a first class working environment at the centre of the financial community on challenging projects.
- Responsible for developing, enhancing, maintaining database applications.
- Ensure that code is properly written, reviewed and tested according to company's standard coding practise.
- Providing level 3 supports to team as well as resolving user queries.
- Play technical analyst role and produce functional specification by getting user requirements.
- The candidate should ensure that team is following SDLC process using agile.
- Mentor junior development team members.
- A bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related.
- Technical design and distributed systems architecture experience (Clustering, Grid, scalability and break conditions).
- Experience of multi-threaded, service based architectures.
- Java (expert), JEE API's (JPA, JTA, JMS), Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate), SQL / Oracle.
- Process Orchestration capabilities (prior experience with BPM and/or BPEL).
- Experience with high volume transactional processing.
- Good performance analysis and optimisation skills on distributed system.
- Strong OO Design and Coding principles and the ability to foster, promote and enforce them for the program.
- Able to lead and deliver BDD or TDD style development.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies.
- An investment banking/finance background (ideally Finance / Middle office)
- Good understanding of front to back finance and operational process flows.
- OSGi practical experience highly desirable.
- jBoss (JBPM) and Coherence (full feature set) highly desirable.
- BDD framework realisation in Java / to test Java; experience with such as Gherkin realization in JBehave or cucumber-jvm ideal.
- Hands on experience with Oracle RAC / 11gR2
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled and effective Middle Office Java Developer looking for a new challenge within an innovative global company with a wealth of expertise and knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please contact me on 02031894344.