The Role & Company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and hardworking Metals (LME) Operations Analyst to join a leading Investment Bank based in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing operational support for the business including trade confirmations, settlements and investigations.
- Ensure day-to day operational support functions are performed accurately in accordance with the department's policies; outstanding settlements are immediately followed-up and/or escalated with the client and the Front Office in order to avoid any losses to the bank
- Perform daily break resolution activities for positions and cash adhering to established quality control measures and procedures.
- Report and escalate any un-confirmed or failed trades to the desk and senior management in a timely manner.
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade and settlement lifecycle by interacting with multiple Trading Desks and other global Operations teams in order to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation
- 2 years' experience in an Operations related role, preferably experience within Commodities (LME)
- Strong knowledge of SWIFT standards and ISDA requirements for the various types of Global Metals products
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with a network of contacts throughout the banking industry and act as a consultant to the different groups within the Bank such as Front Office, Credit, Finance and Technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for innovation and simplification and self-motivation
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of business partners with differing levels of product experience
If this role is of interest please send me an up to date CV so I can get in touch for a confidential discussion about this role and your job search.