Machine Learning Engineer is required to work with a global leader in commodities. The role sits within a newly formed team which provides analytical support from a big data perspective as well as the application of machine learning and statistical analysis to trading problems and strategies.
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will focus on the Gas, Power and LNG trading environment. A Large part of the role would be creating technical solutions to provide analytic support and models for trading as well as front-end/UI work. You'll work closely with the data strategists team on productive innovative solutions which will become part or larger initiatives. In addition, you will have significant Front Office exposure.
- Create Python models and libraries based on requirements of analysts and data strategists in Gas, Power and LNG trading business
- Significant contribution in building libraries of models and tools
- Create effective visual solution using web technologies and presentation tools such as Tableau
- Assist with innovative ideas for analytical models and tools
- Work as part of a small highly technical global team of Core Strategists in close collaboration with data strategists, analysts, quant developers and traders.
- Expert Python language skills - pandas, numpy, Jupyter, flask
- Ability to write production ready, highly reliable and tuned numerical code.
- Knowledge of common JS libraries and frameworks (bower, toastr, react, bootstrap, etc)
- Understanding and rigorous application of best practices in code development - unit/integration/regression testing, build/deploy patterns
- Experience of SQL and HDFS
- Knowledge of SciPy, scikit-learn, etc.
- Experience with Spark/Scala
- Knowledge of the Gas, Power and/or LNG market.