Lead Python Developer
12 Month Contract - Outside IR35
This role is with a data driven business in the commodities space who have used data to weather the storm during lock-down and as a result have managed to continue hiring and are in a strong financial position while competitors have faced redundancies. The business understands the value of data and are investing in building out their Azure cloud platform and carrying out advanced data science work.
You'd be joining their growing data team in London and working closely with Data Engineers and Data Scientists.
Your responsibilities would be:
- Working closely with ML Engineers and Data Engineers within your pod to produce reusable machine learning components
- Develop the infrastructure within their Azure Databricks environment
- Program in Python and evangelatise Software Engineering and DevOps best practices ie. TDD, BDD, OOP
- Build CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and use infrastructure as code technologies
- Technically leading junior team members
- Gather requirements from wider business stakeholders in both technical and non technical teams
- Extensive experience in Python software engineering particularly Python3
- Previous experience using Docker for containerisation
- Experience building robust CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies (Cloudformation/Terraform/Chef)
- Industry experience within commodities in particular oil and gas
- Strong academic background with a degree in a stem subject
If this sounds interesting submit your cv for consideration!