Senior Fixed Income Java Developer - London - Finance
A global financial services organisation are looking for a Senior Java developer to work as an UK-based Fixed Income Lead in the Information Services Technology, the individual will have key responsibility in developing and supporting fixed income systems required for strategic business growth.
- Development and ongoing maintenance of fixed income systems in a wide spectrum of languages and technology and provide on-going support, maintenance and operational documentation.
- Responsible for technical delivery of projects including meeting development schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements.
- Work with product owner and architects to deliver fixed income solutions to meet business growth
- Degree qualified in a science or IT based discipline.
- Strong background in core java and server based development.
- Experience with optimisation of Java for high performance, caching techniques and JVM garbage collection tuning.
- Good experience in database development in ASE or SQL Server with strong SQL being essential.
- Experience in delivering products in fixed income specifically bonds markets.
- Good background in agile development, process and tools.
- Experience of working as a developer on critical system.
- Must be able to work under pressure and prioritise conflicting tasks to complete them in the most effective way.
- Team leading and management experience whilst continuing to be hands-on and active in development.
- Development and deployment for Public Cloud - Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Real-time systems solutions
- Non fixed income financial markets experience
- Ability to learn and establish credibility quickly