A global investment bank are looking for a Lead Business Analyst who will be involved in reviewing an existing trade accounting interface and expanding its usage for additional entities within the group. This project will be initially 6 months
In this role you will undertake detailed analysis on Vanilla IR & CRD products booked within Murex and provide expert guidance to both Technology and Finance on data flow, trade transformation, accounting processes required to ensure accurate accounting of P&L and balance sheet accurately within Oracle Financial Accounting Hub and General Ledger systems.
- Analyse trade booking, processing, and outbound trade workflow within Murex 3.1 and ensure accounting is accurately captured and processed within Oracle Financial Accounting Hub & Oracle General Ledger ERP applications.
- Ensure data is accurately represented on outbound XML messages as well as end of day reporting extracts
- Validate economic details of the trade remain in-tact throughout the trade life cycle
- Ensure trade events are captured and processed accurately and interpreted by the trade Subledger and general ledger
- Work with the Technical team and document processes at a detailed level
- Advise on best practice approach on accounting methods for trade cashflows for settlement and valuations for P&L and Balance Sheet looking at accruals, MTM, additive vs reverse-replace etc…
- Have extensive experience working with financial investment products including Vanilla IR & CR.
- Have accounting qualifications (full or part qualified) which supports an understanding of technical accounting requirements on IFRS, UK-GAAP,
- Have worked on trading platforms such as Murex and understand trade life cycle intimately
- Understand the needs of a Finance organization and be comfortable around financial reporting disclosures, month-end processes, year-end P&L accounting, financial adjustments etc…
- Have experience of Subledger and General Ledger applications for financial accounting