Twenty Financial Services are currently recruiting for a Lead Data Strategy VP for a Tier 1 Bank in London.
Senior within the Risk and Analytics function, the person hired will act as a Lead Design in the Data Strategy team, helping create a unified approach to data usage through data exploration, manipulation and data warehousing. The purpose is to ensure a Data Management Solution is developed and enhanced in order to efficiently support the modellers and the regulatory data around the models.
- Developing an effective Data Management Strategy for regulatory related projects, in order to efficiently hand over the data to the modelling teams within Risk, Treasury and Finance
- Leading the data developers and taking full ownership of the data strategy; infrastructure support for multiple portfolios
- Ensuring ETL processes are appropriately designed in order to ingest data effectively
- Manipulation of large data-sets and automation of processes using SAS DI and SQL
- Preparing DataMarts to ensure model input data is accurate and the end to end processes are well structured; following the rigorous governance and standard framework in order to do this.
- End to end project delivery; always putting customers at fore front
- Liaising with key stakeholders across the business in order to understand all factors impacting Capital and Impairment, and the high material models associated (e.g. IFRS9 models)
- Presenting findings to key stakeholders through introducing, cleaning, transforming, validating, bench-marking or modelling data. Understanding the data and making conclusions for decision making purposes
- Provide insight and recommendations on the most effective use of data and infrastructure to the modelling teams and stakeholders
- Lead the interactions with the technology teams and leaders; play an important role in the change agenda within the technical, data and business focused areas; designing advanced solutions in order to drive the teams forward.
- Produce documentation to ensure accuracy and reliability of the results, according to governance requirements
- Data Strategy: experience in implementation of data solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of data warehousing (and MI environments)
- Highly advanced SAS, SQL, data modelling and transformation skills (SAS DI [data integration] is essential)
- Experience in consumer credit risk or analytics cross customer life-cycle
- Ability to manipulate expansive data-sets, implement and automate processes and debug codes without guidance
- Data exploration, manipulation, data quality and bench-marking using SAS; directing information into the models and modellers.
- Ability to lead developers, lead interactions between teams, make decisions and present valuable information to key stakeholders.
- End to end project planning and delivery