Twenty Recruitment GmbH are currently working with a leading private equity backed retail client who are seeking a Lead Data Scientist to lead a newly built commercial Data Science team.
This requires an individual who is willing to have a technical hands-on role as an independent consultant managing your own pipeline of projects and becoming involved with all aspects of the client’s operations across the business. You will be working on implementing machine learning solutions across marketing, pricing, supply chain, optimisation, future planning & strategy as well as geospatial analytics with a priority being placed on revenue generation. The role is a greenfield project and new team build out. You would be involved in the entire project lifecycle and helping the business use data to generate revenue, reporting directly to the business executives.
Your responsibilities within this role may include:
- Identifying high value opportunities for growth, as well as designing strategies to fulfil these opportunities
- Research and Development including Data acquisition and cleansing, as well as the development and implementation of machine learning solutions
- Maintenance of the portfolio which includes all current data science projects, as well as management of its pipeline
- Own your own pipeline of projects spanning future acquisitions and growth opportunity, optimisation, supply chain, pricing, marketing, etc.
- Manage a team of 2-3 other Data Scientists whilst remaining hands on
- Extensive experience within consulting environments which have involved aspects of advanced analytics and business transformation
- Ability to interpret and migrate statistical models and outputs into concepts which can be easily actioned
- Strong theoretical approach to any given tasks, along with the ability to adapt quickly depending on the demands of the project portfolio.
- Strong commercial experience and previous projects
- Previous management experience is beneficial
- Fluency in German is essential
- Ability to work in Munich and travel 1x per week to another client site within Bavaria
- Knowledge of:
- Machine Learning and Statistics (Python/R)
- Pricing Analytics
- Data Transformation (SQL/Alteryx)
- Designing Analytical Solutions