Lead Data Scientist is required for an innovative project at a leading financial services client. You'll be joining the team as the 1st data science hire with a view to building out the function in 2018. The main responsibility will be to perform analysis and be responsible for implementation and support of large-scale data and analytic POCs across the multiple business lines within Capital Markets.
It will be essential to demonstrate the ability to explore and understand the large data set from the central Datawarehouse and also able to extract the meaning of the data in order to provide the inside information for the internal business clients.
- You will work within a big data solution team with mixed skills of colleagues, such as Oracle Developers, Business Intelligence experts and also trading BAs.
- Play a key role to provide technical leadership in extracting information from large scale, structured, un-structured and semi-structured data.
Required Technical Skills:
- Excellent Python experience and strong knowledge of associated machine learning libraries (NumPy, SymPy)
- Advanced understanding of statistics and algorithm development
- Excellent C and C++, particularly for embedded programming
- Be able to communicate with the business stakeholders and work well with various teams.