The credit card and payments function of a tier 1 bank based in central London are building an advanced fraud analytics system using cutting edge technologies, including the latest machine learning techniques. They're looking for a Lead Data engineer to design and deliver this business-critical system in a global team responsible for driving the growth and earnings of one of the banks most profitable areas.
You'll be assisting the Head of Big Data and Machine Learning to create and implement long term solutions, using your expertise with Big data technologies and extensive experience managing stakeholders. You'll be leveraging existing and new engineering and analytical techniques within a world-class big data engineering team.
Required skills and experience:
- Strong Software Engineering (Java, Scala or Python)
- Data technology literate, in particular with Hadoop, Spark, SQL
- Proven leadership qualities
- Stakeholder management experience, being able to "sell" ideas and concepts (preferably globally)
- Integration technology experience (e.g. MQ, Web services, Kafka)
- Cluster building experience (Hadoop)
This position provides a great platform for growth within globally renowned bank to design, develop and implement market leading systems. You'll b with exposure to senior stakeholders, making business-critical decisions whilst leading and mentoring a small team.
If you think you have the relevant experience to succeed in this role, please Apply now.