A tier-1 bank based in central London are building a Centre of Excellence which is responsible for adopting innovative, cutting edge data technologies, tool sets and methodologies in order to leverage the business's data assets to solve real business problems.
You'll be working alongside Data Scientists, utilising your expertise around Big Data engineering on various exciting projects across all the banks functions ranging from fraud analytics to creating solutions to catch rogue traders. You'll be leading a team, mentoring junior members, solving both Big Data and small data problems.
Required skills and experience:
- Deep understanding of Hadoop core concepts and technologies including:
- Experience in implementing Big Data solutions
- Cloudera Stack (inc. Hive, Impala, MapReduce, Pig, Kafka, HDFS, HBase, Spark)
- Core programming expertise in Java, Scala, C/C++
- Experience with using R or Python
- Exposure to Elastic or Solr
In a really exciting time for Big Data, this position provides you with a fantastic opportunity to lead a team within a globally renowned bank to improve their processes within this space, and to build on your already extensive skill set within this challenging industry.
If you think you have the relevant experience to succeed in this role, please Apply now.