In contrast to many of its competitors, this US Investment Bank is one of a few large global institutions that is benefiting from substantial growth across Europe at the moment, making it a very exciting and interesting time to join.
Headcount has increased significantly over the last 5 years as they continue to take market-share and expand operations into new areas. However, they have taken care to ensure their excellent culture has not been affected; staff satisfaction is something at the top of this Investment Bank's agenda, offering an excellent work life balance, down-to-earth culture and a friendly working environment.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the KYC/AML checks on clients are undertaken in accordance with UK and EU laws and regulations, and corporate policy as appropriate.
- Provide KYC advisory services to the lines of business operating in region.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects within the AML team.
- Investigate ownership and control to identify all ultimate beneficiaries and possible PEPs for KYC and risk management purposes.
- Ensure accurate KYC/AML information is recorded regarding source of funds and expected account activity, where appropriate, for risk management purposes.
- Ensure that the KYC review process is operating smoothly, that adequate checks are being conducted on a timely basis, and that records are being recorded and maintained in accordance with relevant EMEA laws, rules and regulations, and firm policies as appropriate.
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- A minimum of 5 years AML & KYC experience within investment banking.
- Solid AML experience, with good understanding of KYC & AML requirements for various client types.
- Knowledge and understanding of AML laws, rules and regulations in EMEA and some knowledge of the global AML regulatory environment.
- Experience of working in a high pressure environment, working to tight deadlines and displaying efficiency and effectiveness on a daily basis.
- Experience dealing with front office staff, preferably in an investment bank.
- Good knowledge of Joint Money Laundering Steering Group Guidance Notes & the Money Laundering Regulations as they relate to KYC.
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes, Financial Crime Compliance Recruitment Consultant at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.