JavaFX/Java Swing Developer/Engineer/UI Developer/Trading/Financial Services/Analytics/User Interface
Key Words: JavaFX/JavaSwing/WT/AWT/JFace/UI/User Interface/Development/Engineer/Trading/Analytics
My client a leading trading company is seeking a Java UI Developer (Swing OR JavaFX) to help with on going project work within their Commodities business.
You will be working directly with the business to build a user interface (UI) for a complex and powerful tool. You will be focused in writing code, while pursuing software engineering best practices for UI development. A drive towards simplicity (from user and code maintainer's perspective) and code maintainability of the code are key accountabilities.
- Key specialist in JavaFX and UI design
Work closely with the optimisation team, and users to create a simple, functional, maintainable and clean UI following best practices.
- Strive for excellence and continuous improvement in software design.
- Resolve bugs and issues with the UI, working directly with the business.
- Understand how users interact with the UI, their business processes, their keys concerns - and feed this back into UI development.
- A quantitative advanced graduate degree from a recognized university with previous experience in JavaFX/Java Swing development.
- Strong UI development experience, including JavaFX
- Advanced knowledge of Java and associated ecosystem (Maven, Jenkins, for example).
- Ability to work closely with the business, draw out their requirements.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present ideas well graphically as well as verbally.
- Strong team player and willingness to share knowledge and best practices.
Additional skills (advantageous not essential):
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE, and Eclipse Rich Client Platform.
- Experience in logistics, physical supply and trading optimisation.
- Energy Industry knowledge.
- Experienced with use of Agile/Scrum.
To apply for this excellent role please send your CV ASAP!