This role sits within an Investment Management Firm's offices in the heart of the city (St Paul's). The client has over 50 Billion USD in Assets Under Management and is backed by a major American investment bank.
In this business facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running.
You should be a highly motivated, quality-centric engineer with deep front end application knowledge, with a passion for design, development and research. You'll need to work well in a team but should also be an instigator. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
- Collaborate with product management, development and UX to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Design and delivery of technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements relationships and ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy
- Act as mentor to peers
- Constantly assess, evaluate, and integrate best practices and industry innovations in front end development
Job Specific Competencies
People (team-working/collaboration skills)
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, 3rd parties and business partners.
- Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams and the business
- Able to present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence)
- Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
- Passion for innovation and creative problem solving with an enthusiasm to evangelise to others
Results (the ability to be proactive and take action)
- Hands-on, providing technical and design direction and/or problem solving to support the team
- Promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Support scrum master to facilitate smooth sprint working, and identify improvements to scrum practice
- Ensure all third-party development and input conforms to the client's best-practice and quality standards
Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
- Familiarity with, but not limited to, Angular, CSS/JSS, Typescript, Jest, WPO (Web Performance Optimization)
- Familiar with web security, accessibility and internationalization
- A hands on front end technical polyglot with experience of shipping production code across a full-stack environment
- Advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation - build/test tools, continuous integration and delivery
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred
If of interest, please call directly at 02031894364, or apply below!