Java / .NET Development and Support Lead - Finance - London - £65,000
A leading financial services institution is looking for a Java / .NET Development and Support Lead to join their EMEA Systems department. This department is responsible for managing the delivery of projects and programmes of work to realise strategic business outcomes. You will also be accountable for platform maintenance and life-cycle of all vendor applications, in-house applications and infrastructure.This is a great opportunity to work in a first class working environment at the centre of the financial community on challenging high-profile projects.
- Developing and maintaining solutions in Java and vendor ECM applications.
- Ensuring production and maintenance of project and support documents satisfy the requirements of policies and procedures.
- Planning and resourcing for upcoming projects and recruiting new members of the Platform Team where necessary, to ensure the right members of staff are available to complete the tasks in hand.
- Supporting the Platform Lead and Product Manager in delivery of BAU and change works relating to the platforms and keeps the Product Manager informed of any changes as necessary, to help support the Bank's medium-term business plans.
- Ensuring implementation into production fulfils the design and requirement.
- Providing 3rd and in some cases 2nd line support (in line with agreed support models) for applications and platforms to ensure that incidents, problems and queries are resolved in timely manner.
- Accountable for the effective management of the team's performance, ensuring they comply with the organisation's governance policies and procedures. Ensure all team members are clear on what is expected and how they are performing against KPIs.
- End to End Java and/ or .Net development skills, data knowledge.
- Hands on experience on Java, DOJO, Java script, Webservices, Widgets.
- Able to demonstrate a broad technical understanding of the application and infrastructure stack, to include a number of the following: File and message transmission protocols, SQL and/or Oracle databases, Websphere, IIS, Apache Tomcat, operating systems (Windows, Linux), application monitoring.
- Able to drive problem resolution through the appropriate escalation channels.
- Able to confidently participate in white board type design and review sessions.
- Experience in Vendor management and cross training.
- Development skills in ECM solutions (such as FileNet and IBM Case Manager).
- Knowledge of AML, Document Scanning, FAX and ECM solutions (such as FileNet P8, IBM Case Manager, Records Manager).
- Has good knowledge of all aspects of Application Delivery and Support with a specific bias towards general AML and Middle Office systems.
- Knowledge of Transaction Banking applications and technologies an advantage.
- ITIL Foundation (or above) preferred.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled and effective Java / .NET Development and Support Lead looking for a new challenge within an innovative global company with a wealth of expertise and knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please contact me on 02031894344.