Java Integration Engineer - Finance - Manchester
A global banking group are looking to hire a Java Integration Developer/Engineer to lead components of system engineering activity for one or more applications / products across end-to-end software development lifecycle.
- Solve unique and complex technical problems with broad impact on the business unit as a whole.
- Establish an end-to-end view and capture all key requirements.
- Establish clear functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.)
- Understand the various phases of the software development lifecycle and undertake impact assessment of change requests against applications / products within domain.
- Complete technically-complex assignment work to budget, time and quality requirements. Document all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind
- End-to-end software development lifecycle
- Software development methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile
- Project management methodologies, e.g. RUP, CMMi, Prince II, PMI (beneficial)
- Ability to interface with infrastructure and service management areas.
- Awareness of software development consisting of some of the following languages and technologies:
- JMS / MQ
- Webservices / knowledge of WSDL
- XML & XML Java Parsers (xsd, dtd)
- Application servers (Websphere preferred, Weblogic, JBoss)
- Version Control Software (Clearcase / SVN / CVS)
- J2EE Frameworks (Chordiant, Hibernate, Struts)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience of various automated testing, continuous integration and deployment tools and practices
- Ability to mentor team members in the application of Agile development techniques
- Financial knowledge