Our Client, a growing FinTech based in Berlin is looking for a Java Development Team Lead to join their expanding team. This is an exciting time to join – this company is benefiting from significant investment and fast growth, whilst retaining a friendly, relaxed, and down-to-earth culture.
This role will offer a great opportunity to join a successful FinTech, with a diverse team and an agile, collaborative environment in a newly created position.
This position will involve 50% hands on java development and 50% leadership & people management responsibilities.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Build and create your own team of up to 8 Software Engineers
- Plan & lead technical software projects
- Lead a chapter of Java Engineers in a cross functional squad
- Stakeholder engagement ensuring projects are delivered on time in line with business requirements
- Working directly with senior management to guide the technical strategy in the business
- At least 3 years prior experience in people management including end of year reviews, regular 121s etc.
- Strong background and experience (5 years +) as a hands-on Java developer
- Advanced knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Previous experience with a microservices architecture is advantageous
- Experience with Containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes) and understanding of DevOps processes including CI/CD pipelining in Jenkins is beneficial
- Exposure to cloud engineering (AWS) is beneficial
- Fluency in English is essential (both verbal and written communication skills), German language skills are beneficial
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity, please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment GmbH.