A major commodities trading company with a fantastic reputation are looking for a Java Analyst/Developer to join on a contract basis in London.
You will be responsible for the analysis, development and operation of existing liquefied natural gas (LNG) optimisation software for the LNG business. You will report to the Optimisation Technical Team Lead and will be involved in all aspects of delivery and support.
You will work closely with Trading Analysts and Trading Operators to optimise various aspects of the LNG operations, ranging from efficient logistical operations (shipping scheduling) to ensuring the portfolios are kept optimal (maximising P&L by unlocking value via optionality and improving contract model pricing accuracy).
This is a unique role well positioned to create substantial value for the business and requires a result driven, enthusiastic individual with the right mix of analytical, software development and communication skills who's interested in being a part of the evolution of the existing technology platform.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of Java and associated ecosystem (Java 8, Eclipse, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, RESTful Web Services)
- Strive for excellence and continuous improvement in software architecture, Agile methods and build systems.
- Ability to work closely with the business in the Front Office, draw out their requirements and design and implement suitable solutions.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present ideas well graphically as well as verbally.
- Work closely with the business to create value for the business through LNG optimisation.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with Kerberos, AWS, JavaFX, Docker, Ansible.
This role offers you a great opportunity to enhance your existing technical and analytical skills within a highly established energy company.
If you feel you are suitable for this Strategy Development Analyst role, then please apply by clicking "Apply now".