Java Developer/Post Trade/FX/FX Options
Key Words: Enterprise Java/Spring/JDBC/OTC/FX/FX Options/Core Java/Developer/ Engineer/SQL
My client a leading Financial Institution is seeking a Java Developer to join them on a permanent basis where you will be initially embarking on a new programme of work to expand the product offering to their clients.
You will join a team of highly motivated technologists to aid in on-going development of the platform, and will provide technical expertise (Java) of the highest standard. You must have a Computer Science orientated degree and proven Java development skills, and work on delivery of projects, carry out enhancements and provide support on a highly critical clearing system. May be require to provide O/N support on an ad hoc basis.
You must be a disciplined individual in adhering to the company standards in development, testing and change management. You will liaise and coordinate with business users and other technology areas.
- Analysis, design and development of tasks given
- Timely delivery of developments to a high standard and quality
- Supporting and Utilising company standards for development.
- Effectively follow the development life cycle
- Providing development life cycle documentation at all stages of systems life cycle. i.e. requirement, solution, design, implementation.
- Providing documentation to support to Production.
- Communicate effectively with Senior Development Managers
- Extensive experience in server-side Java Development, a minimum of 5 significant projects that candidates can detail their significant responsibilities
- Experience in integration and Murex development
- Very Good knowledge of technologies i.e. Middleware JMS over MQ, Java, Oracle/SQL, Spring, Unix
- Strong knowledge of the OTC interest rate products
- Thourgh understanding of derivatives trade processing
- Good understanding of Agile development methodology
- Ideally worked on major Murex deliveries on Murex 3.x
- Ideally worked in Investment Banking Environment
- Understanding of architectural principles, interfaces, multi-threaded applications and STP processing.
- Highly pragmatic and delivery focused, "can do" attitude
- Takes ownership for delivery and is a self-starter
- Thorough understanding of technology, development, standards and practises
To apply for this excellent opportunity please send your CV asap to Lauren Davies