Java Developer - Investment Banking - London - Up to £50,000
A Tier 1 Investment Banking client is looking for a Java Developer to join their Equities technology team. You will have full exposure to all technical activities relating to Equities trading technology. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their career and be a part of high profile programmes of work.
Key Words: Java/Developer/Low-Latency/Agile/Equities
You will be responsible for the development of low latency applications working with talented technologists with an in-depth knowledge of front office trading systems.
The successful candidate will be involved in the full development life cycle of changes from analysis and design through to implementation. The focus of this role will be on the build-out and integration of new client and exchange connections. This is a very varied role requiring a range of skills in addition to core java development.
The team are looking for some looking for someone who is seeking to launch their career within Investment Banking and are committed to nurturing and developing their core Java technical skillset.
- Core Java on LINUX (or other relevant experience with an aptitude to cross-train)
- LINUX usage for development and operation
- Bash scripting
- Some exposure to electronic trading and financial markets
- Experience of git, svn, maven and team city
- Unit testing and mocking, particularly Junit and Jmockit
- Agile development techniques
- Familiarity with middleware, network design and protocols
- FIX protocol
- Perl or python programming
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled and effective Java Developer looking for a new challenge within an innovative global company with a wealth of expertise and knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please contact me on 02031894344.