A global Investment Management firm is looking for a Java Developer to join their established engineering function. You will be working as part of a highly technical scrum team, delivering internal and externally focused technical solutions. This candidate will preferably have a devops mindset and be responsible for all parts of the software development life cycle for their projects. Previous industry experience is preferred.
This role will require stakeholder engagement and you will be tasked with liaising with various business units and key users/decision makers to establish requirements. You will also be familiar with Microservices and the development of API’s.
· Excellent experience and skills in Java (8+) / Spring / Spring Boot.
· Solid understanding of object-orientated programming techniques and use of design patterns.
· Experience of build tools and CI/CD – e.g. Maven, Jenkins.
· Experience writing REST web services.
· Familiarity with both relational and NoSQL databases
· Exposure to messaging - JMS or Kafka.
· An advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation.
If you are a Java developer with any of these skills, and this sounds like something you would be interested in or would like more information please apply with an up to date CV or email firstname.lastname@example.org