Java Architect - Financial Services - London - £85,000
A leading financial services institution is looking for a Java Architect to join the capital markets surveillance technology product team. The capital markets technology product team are responsible for all products/solutions supporting the equity markets. You will be working in a first class working environment at the centre of the financial community on challenging projects.
- Develop solutions architecture for capital market surveillance systems.
- Provide technical specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
- Work closely with surveillance market supervision, business development, quants and internal/external development teams to define and build technical solutions.
- Hands-on role that requires writing code, unit tests, and build/deployment scripts as and when required.
- Research in-house/vendor products to decide if they will be suitable for the requirements of market surveillance/supervision.
- Must prepare and present complex technical subjects to different levels of audiences.
- Provide operational 3rd/2nd line support of production issues with surveillance technology systems.
- Demonstrable years of enterprise experience programming with languages such as Java or Python.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a numerical subject such as maths, computer science, etc.
- Experience working on surveillance platforms for capital markets or financial trading.
- Self-starter who has excellent analytical and communication skills.
- In depth experience of Agile delivery across the full SDLC using Jira/Scrum/Kanban.
- Broad range of experience implementing robust and cost-effective solutions on AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience designing and implementing CI/CD solutions.
- Experience establishing and implementing methods to increase software quality, especially (but not limited to) integration testing, TDD, BDD and performance testing
- SQL and use of Business Intelligence tools for data analysis and report generation (e.g. Excel, Tableau, Business Objects, Data Visualisation) is a desirable.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled and effective Java Architect looking for a new challenge within an innovative global company with a wealth of expertise and knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please contact me on 02031894344.