IT Operator - Investment Banking - Windows - Unix - VMWare
A Global Investment bank are looking to hire an I.T Operator to Perform all Operational Tasks related to the End of Day Processing. You will be expected to provide IT Support for the End of Day Processing and for Business Users between 19:00 and 07:00.
- 1st/2nd Line Support Responsibilities
- To perform IT Operational Support tasks, duties as part of a Shift Rota covering from 06:45 Mon to 15:00 Sat (24 x 5.5 - day, evenings and night shifts) and additional on call cover from 15:00 Sat to 06:45 Mon.
- Some weekend working will be required depending on business requirements.
- Perform all daily and ad-hoc Operational duties as detailed in the IT Operations and IT Ops platform schedules ensuring that all critical processing is completed to schedule.
- Monitor the IT Ops platforms and resolve or escalate any problems that arise.
- Monitor datacentre environments and resolve or escalate any problems that arise.
- Ensure that all operational backups and ad-hoc restores are performed successfully.
- Ensure that backup media is checked on a daily basis and replenished by the agree time.
- Ensure that all IT Operations scheduled processes and controls on the daily checklist are performed successfully and in a timely fashion.
- Produce and Maintain Documented IT Operational Processes
- Analyse the effect on performance of requested changes to the End of Day Processing
- Provide general support for Business User requests and queries.
- Ensure that in the event of a fault, down time is kept to a minimum and escalations are made in line with defined processes.
* OpManager / AppManager