Infrastructure Engineer (Ruby, Linux, AWS, PaaS, Docker) - Professional Services - London
They are professional services firm with their HQ based in London but have a global footprint (employing several hundred ambitious professionals in 9 offices around the world). The platform they develop is used at major corporations, investment funds, strategy consultancies and non-profits. Day by day, there end clients rely on their business and platform to connect them to the knowledge they need.
My client are continuously investing and evolving there technology to provide their best service to here customers.
The responsibility in this role:
- Own the core services used by multiple engineering teams and ensure the infrastructure is highly available
- Diagnose complex issues across various levels of the stack and improve the instrumentation and monitoring of the platform
- Design and build core infrastructure
- Work closely with engineers to ensure they have the best tooling
- Improve the reliability of distributed systems
- Design and implement impactful architectural changes
- Work in small, nimble teams.
Technical Skills Needed:
- Ruby but Python, Java, and Elixir are also valuable and part of the Technical Stack.
- Debugging distributed systems
- Balance the trade-offs required when building complex systems
- PaaS and cloud providers such as AWS. (ECS or Kubernetes knowledge a plus.)
- Docker and the deploying Docker containers in a managed environment
- Unix shell Scripting
Don't worry if your experience or background doesn't match all of these areas, my client believe a broad spectrum of experience provides a great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways and that is what is most important to my client.
Type of work you could be involved in:
- Leading migration away from the PaaS infrastructure
- Re-architecting large applications into microservices
- Add availability zones in multiple regions to support our global business
- Making the developer experience amazing through great tooling and environment
- Optimizing and scaling the overall platform architecture
- Reducing latency in the services for specific regions (Asia, Europe)
- Designing a service monitoring solution with actionable alerts
- £50,000 - £75,000+ (depending on experience) + Bonus
- Dedicated budget for personal training & certifications
- Private Medical Insurance (including Dental and Optical)
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Pension contribution scheme
- Gym memberships
- And Much Much More!