My client are an internationally know TV network who have recently launched a brand new video hosting and streaming service. This dynamic group is focused on new streaming content businesses and currently operates a couple of high-growth streaming video subscription services.
This position will manage the talented technology team of 15-20 frontend and backend developers, system architects, dev ops, tech delivery project managers, and content operations managers and is responsible for overall technology strategy, architecture, and operations. The client are really looking for a 360 candidate who can work alongside all areas of the technology team.
- Further define, architect, and manage the full tech stack for a small number of video streaming services including consumer applications, backend systems enablers and infrastructure.
- Build, integrate and maintain multiple systems that power all aspects of the services
- Maintain platform roadmap and drive plans for execution, deployment, prioritization and optimization of all systems and infrastructure.
- Ownership mentality associated with the businesses running on the platform.
- Relentless focus on constantly improving the user experience.
- Thirst for innovation and for finding better ways of doing things.
- Long-term thinker; Ability to predict, embrace, and apply how video hosting and streaming architecture are evolving.
- Pride in maintaining 99.99999% uptime and platform performance.
- Ability to manage competing projects and ability to make critical decisions when it comes to prioritization.
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to collect and assimilate input and perspective from other people and teams.
- Innovative, detail-oriented, team-focused, strategic and effective in new and changing environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related discipline.
- 10+ years' experience of increasing responsibility managing engineering teams.
- Experience building, deploying, and managing video streaming experiences across multiple technology platforms.
- Experience managing a team of developers that spans a variety of code languages and skill levels.