Head of Quality Control - SAS , Risk , Analytics - Banking
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Quality Control to join a growing team at a leading bank in Canary Wharf. In this role you'll will take ownership of modelling data strategy for multiple portfolios and work with stakeholders across credit risk. You will be responsible for ensuring that model input data is accurate and the end to end processes are well structured.
- Day to day management of a Dynamic Data Quality Control Analyst teams
- Hands on approach to Data Quality Control undertakings and management
- Provide independent review and challenge of data extraction and transformation process in data strategy team
- Perform technical analysis to compare the data logics across different teams (such as Basel, Impairment and MI) to help shaping up the benchmarking methods across DQ teams.
- Review source and target mapping of Model Ready Datamarts (MRDs) and Identify appropriate internal and external data sources and gathering information to support analysis.
- Review of IFRS9/Capital Models data preparation processes to identify areas of improvement, focusing on accuracy, robustness and controls
- Very strong SAS, SQL, data modelling and transformation skills - with ability to manipulate large datasets, automate processes and debug code with minimal steer.
- Excellent knowledge of data warehouse and MI environments.
- Quality Control checking on the programming codes (SAS and SQL) supporting Data Strategy at the point of initial data development
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with key stakeholders.
- Present Independent Review results to stakeholders to enable them to make informed decisions to IFRS9 /Capital modelling team
- Management of a highly motivated Technical Data Analytics team
- Proven Experience of working with Offshore and managed services colleagues
- A high level of analytical work experience in financial services strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of one of SAS
- Experience in consumer credit risk analytics across customer lifecycle
- Knowledge of financial services portfolios. Awareness of the economy, market and customer trends affecting the business.
- Project and stakeholder management experience at senior levels.
If you're a Head of Quality control looking to own modelling data strategy and quality then please send me your CV ASAP!