A North American investment bank are increasing their UK footprint with a new hire in their Middle Office team. They are seeking an up-and-coming Product Controller to head up the P&L Reporting and Analysis function.
The role will be split between BAU and project responsibilities and will be a hands on role particularly while the projects are underway.
- Supervise a matrix structure team in the production and analysis of daily P&L for the Equities business
- Work closely with CFO and Head of Trading to provide detailed and insightful analysis into the desks
- Ensure that business line risks are mitigated with robust controls processes
- Work with Heads of Business to design and implement efficient business line strategies
- Assist in the development of the 12-24 month strategic plan
- Maintain an awareness and comprehension of industry trends and competitor analysis to inform decision-making
Project work will include:
- Working with BAs/PMs to assist with the implementation of new systems and rolling out existing systems to new business lines
- Working closely with Trade Support to analyse and improve process controls
Ideally, the successful person for this role will be:
- Qualified accountant or have demonstrable and detailed understanding of general ledgers
- An influencer capable of convincing, persuading and negotiating
- Financial Services, ideally investment banking, experience
- Detailed understanding of equities, derivatives or structured products in a controls environment
For more info, please get in touch with Robynne McPadden at Twenty Financial Services.