Head of PMO - Finance - London
A market leading global financial services institution, providing a critical service for its leading Investment Banking, Commodity Houses and Broker Dealers clients. Based in Europe, it has now expanded to operate across four continents.
In this position you will be responsible for managing a significant Portfolio Management Function (circa 250 projects, with a budget of £220m per annum) which includes, up to 5 onshore portfolio PMO leads and a team of around 10 offshore reports. This function was established to manage risk, financial and governance for multiple portfolios. You will be accountable for managing multiple projects/programmes, developing strong yet flexible programme strategy.
Key Responsibilities and Skills
- Report to the Group Head of Programme Management
- Responsible for ensuring efficient flow of project activity
- Develop project/programme strategies alongside the Global Head of Programme Management - ensure support for the day-to-day project management activities
- Manage the annual budget request process - perform financial reviews
- Implement a framework that has the ability to track financial metrics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of large scale, global, change programmes and portfolio management
What's in it for you?
The opportunity to work in an organisation that sits centrally in the financial markets. This role will provide you with exposure and responsibility from the outset in a very project driven environment.