Twenty Financial Services are conducting a search for an Operational Risk Director for a large banking group in London.
The main responsibility of the role is strategic second line of defence operational risk oversight, management of a small operational risk team and engaging with multiple stakeholders throughout the bank.
- Assess and challenge the first line of defence risk management practices and controls
- Lead and develop a team of operational risk professionals
- Lead risk reviews of RCSAs, risk events, risk issues and scenarios
- Identify and advise on operational risks across business functions including finance, compliance, audit, HR, risk
- Identify and advise on upcoming regulations & potential risks to aid the business with risk mitigation
- Partner with multiple stakeholders across the first and second line of defence, different lines of business and business functions
- Previous experience operating at a director level with proven experience developing a team
- Prior experience leading a second line operational risk function is essential
- Experience working within banking or financial services is preferred
- Experience building relationships and working with the regulators is essential
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance and Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.