A global commodities trading business are looking for an experienced Head of Middle Office/Product Control to be responsible for the daily management of the Product Control and Market Risk functions.
This person needs to have extensive experience working alongside the front office traders and operators and internal finance departments. It is imperative this person plays a key role in the development of the middle office function.
The business HQ is based in the Nordics so there would be an expectation of relocation and a full package to facilitate this.
- To build an effective Product Control team to produce daily management reports showing, daily, monthly and yearly profit and loss, exposure, cash flow along with daily P&L explanations at a book, regional and company level.
- Manage the risk profile of the trading business in line with the agreed risk mandate and report changes and breeches of the mandate.
- Implement and improve VaR modelling, monitoring and reporting
- Analyse daily P&L and exposure, investigate discrepancies whilst also identifying system errors, deficiencies and potential improvements
- Daily interaction with the front office on a regional basis to understand core positions, strategies and rationale
- Ensure that the ETRM system is accurate in its representation of the deals and data to reflect current trading strategies and operations
- Implement and monitor new controls and processes as required within a trading organisation
- Work closely with other Middle Office departments and people to analyse specific trading transactions and activity
- Share knowledge and expertise with other Product Control team members
- Accurately perform monthly curve/price checks via an independent price verification process
- Educated to degree level as a minimum requirement.
- Current work based Middle Office, Product Control or Risk Management experience in a similar role in an Energy/Commodities trading environment is essential
- Experience of the use of a ETRM/CTRM system
- Analytical, methodical and exhibit attention to detail in all tasks
- Possess a problem-solving mind-set.
- An independent and flexible work attitude and able to work well under pressure.
- Fluency in English, with any additional languages beneficial