A Large financial service firm based in central London have building a Centre of Excellence which is responsible for adopting innovative, cutting edge data technologies, toolsets and methodologies in order to leverage the business' data assets to solve real business problems.
They are looking for a Head of Data Engineering to lead a team, mentoring junior members, solving both Big Data and small data problems. You'll be working alongside Data Scientists, utilising your expertise around Big Data engineering on various exciting projects including fraud analytics.
Required skills and experience:
- Deep understanding of Hadoop core concepts and technologies
- Experience in implementing Big Data solutions in a leadership role
- Core programming expertise in Java, Scala, C/C++
- Experience with Kafka and Akka
- Traditional Database experience (SQL Server, Oracle)
In a really exciting time for Big Data, this position provides you with a fantastic opportunity to lead a team within a globally renowned institution to improve their processes within this space, and to build on your already extensive skill set within this challenging industry.
If you think you have the relevant experience to succeed in this role, please Apply now.