Head of Data Science
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Data Science to join an exciting financial services client where you will lead the advanced data science capability. In addition, you will identify and develop new growth opportunities to generate insight that shapes and informs key strategic and business decisions.
- Help provide insight into existing priorities and to surface opportunities to build data science driven products
- Set the technical direction for the Data Science team in a company
- Manage and mentor a team of data scientists and data engineers
- Deploy machine learning to uncover patterns in large scale data sets to identify opportunities and convert into large scale growth opportunities
- Perform data mining using best practice and state-of-the-art methods
- Build and optimise a data and computational infrastructure that can handle batch large scale analytics, real time streaming analytics and perform machine learning, training and prediction to serve hundreds of millions of users
- Ensure all data analytics and designs are communicated in a business related manner, ensuring a constant link between how data inputs and outputs affect business strategy and outcomes
- Excellent understand of machine learning techniques
- Hands on experience in natural language processing and strong foundations in Deep Learning techniques like computer vision, speech to text. Using libraries such as Tensorflow, Caffe and Theano
- Solid hands on experience with a number of data manipulation tools: Hadoop, Spark, Python, R, Impala, Hive.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: Python, R, Scala
- Proven competency in managing and developing teams
If you're a Data Science Manager with a proven track record of delivering valuable solutions and you're looking for an opportunity to grow a team the please get in touch!