A Leading financial services client requires a Head of Data Science to establish recognizable expertise within the big data space.
This is a technical role where you'll be responsible for performing analysis and implementation of large scale data analytics proof of concepts. In addition, you will lead with technical expertise in extracting large scale data and implementing big data solutions as well as exploring artificial intelligence. Your management responsibilities will extend to the mentoring of junior data scientists within a growing team.
- Design hypothesis tests, oversee test execution, and evaluate results
- Utilise machine learning and large-scale data mining techniques
- Identify and implement Identify appropriate solutions such as algorithms and libraries
- Help define a Data Science & Big Data road-map
- Present to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent Python programming and strong knowledge of Numpy, Pandas, and/or Scikit Expertise in writing quality performance code in Java, Scala, etc.
- Strong commercial Spark and developing models using Spark (ML or MLLib)
- Excellent knowledge of Statistics and statistical tools such as R / SAS
- Knowledge of data exportation such as Hive or Pig
- Commercial experience of AI projects and technical knowledge of Machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Data Visualisation / Dashboards experience , i.e. Shiny, Tableau etc.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a data rich organisation and lead a truly innovative team into industry recognition. If you're a Technical Data Science Manager or Head of Data Science then please apply ASAP!