This role is for an exciting FinTech start-up located in London. The company, an online trading platform, are looking for a Head of Compliance to join their growing team.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating licensing and authorisation with the FCA
- First point of contact for enquiries from the regulators and for the escalation of complaints
- Support management with review and implementation of regulatory changes within the Firm (including MIFID 2, SMCR and GDPR)
- Ensuring effective communication of relevant compliance and regulatory changes, and providing support to internal teams
- Establishment and oversight of the necessary tools, processes and controls internally
- Participating in regularly-scheduled and ad hoc events and projects as required, to ensure compliance topics are addressed appropriately
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Broad knowledge of the FCA Handbook including SYSC, COBS and CASS
- Prior experience working in a senior compliance role
- Good understanding of the European regulatory framework is an advantage
- Proficiency with technology and technical concepts, including but not limited to the Microsoft office suite, including Intermediate level Excel
- Strong analytical, attention-to-detail, and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and excellent organisation skills
- Prior experience within a FinTech or brokerage is desirable
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Drake at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.