An FCA Regulated Mobile Bank and FinTech business are looking for a Head of Compliance to join an exciting and growing team. This person should have excellent communication skills and the desire to positively impact an emerging FinTech.
This FinTech is looking for a commercially-minded professional who will provide compliance expertise and guidance with primary responsibility to ensure regulatory compliance.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Fulfil regulatory roles and requirements including, but not limited to:
- Facilitating licensing and authorisation with the FCA
- Managing AML and sanctions systems and controls
- First point of contact for enquiries from the regulators and for the escalation of complaints
- Support management with review and implementation of regulatory changes within the Firm (including MIFID 2, SMCR and GDPR)
- Ensuring effective communication of relevant compliance and regulatory changes, and providing support to internal teams
- Establishment and oversight of the necessary tools, processes and controls internally
- Working with different areas of the company to ensure a strong Compliance Culture within the company
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Broad knowledge of the FCA Handbook including SYSC, COBS and CASS
- 5+ years' experience working in a compliance role or environment
- Previous experience as Head of Compliance/MLRO or Deputy Head of Compliance/DMLRO is preferred
- Good understanding of the European regulatory framework is an advantage
- Knowledge of, and experience with, regulatory reporting and risk management
- Strong analytical, attention-to-detail, and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and a passion for making a difference to a smaller and growing business
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity, please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Drake at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.