You will join a highly reputable, well known financial services institution which holds a market leading presence in its sector. Year on year this firm has experienced growth and will offer you a secure, challenging and rewarding working environment alongside the opportunity to further develop your experience. The company invest heavily in their technology ensuring they are a leader in the market.
This is a 1st line of defence Operational Risk and Controls Senior Manager with responsibility for managing one person.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to the business and coordinate all first line Risk activities
- Act as the main point of contact for 2nd line of defence Risk Management
- Provide Operational Risk training and education to help maintain a strong Risk culture
- Carry out risk-based reviews and ensure current processes are effective and in line with Risk appetite
- Ensure a robust control environment and attend Risk & Control forums
- Identify potential issues arising from deep dive reviews and scenario analysis
- Create Operational Risk reporting to keep senior management up to date
- Demonstrable Operational Risk & Controls experience from a UK regulated firm is essential
- Operational Risk experience including Risk Assessments, Key Risk Indicators and Scenario Analysis is key
- Good Financial Services product knowledge is important
- Understanding of wider Risk Management is beneficial
- Previous leadership / management experience is important
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise work accordingly
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity, please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.