An exciting start-up based in Berlin are looking for a Group Financial Accountant to join their talented and vibrant team. You will be inheriting a growing team in an organisation that plans to double in size over the next year.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Group Consolidation after aquisition of entities on a global scale
- IFRS Accounting expert
- Holding the Audit relationships
- Support the Head of Finance carrying out both financial and business planning tasks
- Quarterly rolling forecasts & full year budgeting
- Business development and strategic planning
- Develop and manage analytical reports covering the finances and business planning - for stakeholders, senior partners, board meetings etc.
- Explore and understand new regulations and topics within the insurance market, especially as new products are added. Being or wanting to become a technical expert on this is imperative.
- Adhoc projects and requests
- Learn the ins and outs of company-developed software platforms, becoming an expert, and moving processes to more automated methods
- Working alongside internal audit function & organising cost and budgeting sheets,
- Focus on and drive projects to further develop and improve the company's operations
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree within relevant accounting or business area
- Has working knowledge within the insurance industry
- Excellent knowledge of German regulatory standards (HGB) and IFRS also preferred
- Significant accounting and finance experience (6+ years),
- Big 4 audit trained (preferred but not obligatory, with a specific exposure to insurance clients
- Ability to keep up with the constantly changing demands of the business
- Fluency in German and English (prerequisite)
This opportunity offers a fantastic package and internal progression, with a great level of responsibilities.
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in, please send your cv to Hannah Alderson at Twenty Recruitment, or call 0203 189 4349