Global Markets Operations is the engine responsible for ensuring the execution and servicing of all products and services. Our core objective is to deliver service excellence by executing our processes in the safest and most efficient way, leveraging automation and 'Lean' approaches to achieve this. Some of the core processes that we deliver include Post Trade Services, FX Operations, Collateral & Liquidity operations.
The environment in which we operate is continually changing. Global Markets Operations plays a key role in driving market initiatives and regulatory changes and, by ensuring we are ahead of competitors on these initiatives, continually helps to drive down costs and increase revenue.
Around 3,000 colleagues work in Global Markets Operations globally, and our ambition is to make our organisation a truly excellent place to work, with the best possible opportunities for colleagues to succeed and develop their careers.
Overall purpose of role:
- A CTB role involves transforming strategic ideas into change projects that can be planned, and monitored whilst being mindful of risk, budget and personal conduct.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Stakeholder management and leadership.
- Possess ability to define and articulate the strategic vision of global projects. Sets a clear agenda where teams and stakeholders understand their contribution to the future success of the organisation and are motivated to travel on the journey.
- Expert global project leader who cultivates a culture of collaboration where involvement and sharing are seen as essential for the achievement of shared objectives and agendas.
- Excellent communicator with flexibility to communicate effectively using the right medium across all levels of the function and build successful relationships with key stakeholders, SMEs and other functions.
- Highly resilient and resourceful, with a proven track record in engaging and influencing others to ensure global project tasks are delivered per committed timelines, whilst managing functional budget.
- Act as a catalyst for change and inspire confidence in stakeholders with the quality and conviction of their vision, building support and sponsorship at all levels and ensuring the need for change is embedded across the function.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to simplify and condense a large number of complex moving parts into single impact statement.
- Builds trust through credible use of facts and data and posses ability to creatively resolve problems and issues at pace
- Ability to understand and absorb multiple priorities across and within functions and be able to prioritise to lead resolution of issues.
- Risk and Control: AllBarclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internalBarclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Ability to apply a risk lens with short term (tactical) and long term (strategic) deliverables in mind.
- Ability to quantify and drive mitigation of risk at a global project level.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrate a structured, outcome-oriented approach, with the ability to anticipate and head off problems that could jeopardize the outcome of global projects.
- Ability to recognize when a project is challenged vs plan and if required be able to escalate and develop an effective remediation plan
- Ability to think outside of the box, provide quick solutions and resolve global project issues in a timely manner.
- Key specific accountabilities
- Transform a strategic idea into a well designed change project that can be planned, organised and tracked.
- Prioritise and manage an extensive project portfolio and ensure consistent delivery under pressure.
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical skills.
- Break down a function, operating model or project into its constituent parts and build it back up better.
- Ambassador for the firm's values demonstrating integrity and courage in their convictions.
Technical Skills and Qualifications will include
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years financial services experience
- High level understanding of the trade lifecycle and the functions listed in the below table.
Post-trade aggregation, Trade capture into back-office platforms, Trade enrichment, Amendments and modifications, Bilateral/Multilateral netting, Trade validation, Trade event management, Novation/Assignment, Compressions, Additional transaction servicing
Affirmation and allocation, Generation/sending of confirmations, Confirmation matching, Document management, Exception handling
Generation/sending of clearing instructions, Clearing fees
Collateral & Portfolio Management
Manage collateral agreements, Matching and allocation, Administration, Reporting, Position management
Processing client valuation statements, Client servicing
Settlement & Delivery
Generation/sending of settlement instructions, Settlement processing, Settlement fail processing and exception management
Transaction reporting, Position reporting, Client asset reporting
Corporate actions, Coupon/dividend processing, Tax services, Proxy Voting, Custodian fees
Front-to-back (internal) reconciliations, 3rd party reconciliations, Nostro reconciliations
Referential & Static Data
Product master (static), Client/Counterparty, External reference data, Operational data, Corporate action database
Operations management, Change management, Performance reporting, Risk & Controls management, Network management and billing
- High level understanding of all product families listed below
Securities (equities and Fixed Income)
Listed Futures and Options
Foreign Exchange (Money markets, FX Cash, FX Options)
OTC Derivatives (Rates, Credit, Equities)
Commodities (OTC, Listed)
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.