Reporting directly into the Group Insurance CFO, this high profile, director level role holds the responsibility for the Business Finance division within the Insurance arm. It is essential that this person has a strong actuary understanding. You will be responsible for the FP&A team, Asset Liability & Capital Management team and Finance Actuarial team. Pulling together this skillset, you will challenge business unit planning, strategy, new products and transactions across the business.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the Insurance MI process across performance analysis and forecasting and annual planning, ensuring support to key decision making forums.
- Implementation of governance and controls in actuarial processes, exercising oversight in those calculations
- Implementing competitor best practices
- ALCM Oversight across the entities capital and liquidity
- Partnering the actuarial, risk, investment and product team, increasing efficiency across the business
- Leading the second-line review of assumptions and calculations, particularly focusing on the annual actuarial basis review
- Shaping the future business decision, looking at the impact of commercial regulations including IFRS17
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- A qualified actuary and an expert in embedded value reporting and risk based capital frameworks
- A strong life insurance background with a track record of exceptional strategic partnering across business lines
- Strong leadership skills with experience working in the matrix, steering the ship within a large organisation
- Experience dealing with a variety of stakeholders, up to C-suite level
- Highly regarded amongst senior management, holding a strong commercial acumen